Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The SERVPRO of Lynchburg/Bedford & Campbell Counties is committed to serving its local customers in any area that it can. We strive to go above and beyond by not only responding quickly to any water damages you may be facing but also by providing important tips to help prevent water damage before it happens. Listed below are some key points to write down or print to hang on your refrigerator for the whole family to see, when it comes to water damage. These are not hard steps to take and they can potentially save you thousands of dollars in case you do experience water damage. Take the time now to review them and be prepared!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (434) 525-9559
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.