Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The SERVPRO of Lynchburg/Bedford & Campbell Counties is committed to serving its local customers in any area that it can. We strive to go above and beyond by not only responding quickly to any mold damages you may be facing but also by providing important tips to help prevent mold damage before it happens. Listed below are some key points to write down or print to hang on your refrigerator for the whole family to see, when it comes to mold damage. These are not hard steps to take and they can potentially save you thousands of dollars in case you do experience mold damage. Take the time now to review them and be prepared!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (434) 525-9559
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Lynchburg / Bedford & Campbell Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Lynchburg / Bedford & Campbell Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities: